Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jumbled Life Happenings

Thought I'd catch up on a few things. First off, thanks for all the comments regarding Shaun's invention. He seemed quite pleased to know that out of all the posts I've ever done, that this particular one received the 2nd most comments, ever! :) That seemed to make up for the fact that he wasn't overly amused that I keep posting such things. But the grandchildren will love reading about these things someday.

On to more serious issues. My poor Hollie has been sick since Friday. Started out as a sore throat and low-grade fever. We've developed into congestion, cough, hoarseness, fever that never wants to break and an all around miserable little girl.

Here are a few of the tools I've been using. This thermometer SUCKS! Do not buy one. It's Mobi brand and I seriously try taking the temperature in each ear and on each temple before I just kind of estimate an overall average. It can be anywhere from 99.5 up to 103. It's FABULOUS! So each time I use it, of course I curse the darn thing.
And of course the lovely flu, cough and fever that the kids love oh, so much! I hear it tastes just like their favorite drink. Haha! Seriously, I do feel bad giving them any liquid medication. (I'm quite certain that the FDA requires that if medicine is in liquid form, it must taste like liquid death!)

So we're hoping that Hollie is feeling better REAL soon, especially since she has her school opera this week that they've been working on all year long.

On a happier side of things. The Occupational Therapist came last week to do an eval for Kambri to determine if she had a need for her services. After being here 2 hours the conclusion was that Kambri did not need her! Hooray!!!! I was so excited to hear that. She gave us a few suggestions to work with Kambri for some fine motor skills and then for helping Kambri to do better in nursery without me!

Kambri had her very first play date the other day with Stephanie and her little girl Harli. They were both so shy when we first got to their house and then of course when it was about time to go home they started playing together! We'll definitely do it again. And I was so proud of myself for taking a step away from my reclusiveness. I have some serious issues with that. So it was as good for me as it was for Kambri! I had a great time with Stephanie- thanks Brittni for introducing us- now we all 3 need to get together!!

Taylor has joined the Facebook community so he can have his own account for playing Farm Town. Pretty exciting. That's our newest thing that we/I spend way too much time on the past several days.

Lastly, Shaun has been extremely this week with work and being on-call. Between the city-wide cleanup that he got to help with all weekend and then worrying about the run-off from the mountains he has been busy busy! It will be nice to have him 'back' tomorrow!! :)

That will be all for now...

3 comments:

Katie Jo said...

Busy busy busy, I hear you there. I hope Hollie feels better soon. Thats cool that Kambri is coming out of her shell. Breckyn has went to nursery for 2 weeks without crying! My friend Shandra grabs him after sacrament and he is all to happy to go with her. It was so nice to be able to go to both my classes.

Lindsay Phenes said...

Glad to hear about Kam's eval! excellent news. I hope Holl feels better for her opera! I'm hoping to make it to see her. And I'm glad that Tay has joined us on Facebook and Farm Town. It amazes me how big he's getting. AND how well that boy runs a computer. Jeez!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you came over. Harli loved it - I laughed when she told Chris about playing with Kambri and how she didn't share.

We need to get them together more!!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!