Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shaun-ism's

I love this man! Can I just tell you that?! His mom always taught him that buying a single rose is more romantic than a dozen, because to give your lady a single rose you have to go hand-pick it and give it to her because they don't typically deliver single roses.

So periodically, he shows up with a single rose for me. I can't help but love him!



Now a completely different side of the spectrum with Shaun. Occasionally he gets in these moods and he does some of the craziest things! He's getting quite tired of me sharing these 'things'...but I have to have them for memory preservation!! :)

This particular night he went and got me and him a drink. They only gave us one straw so he gave me the straw. What a guy!!

Then he called me in the room to show me his latest invention. A whole herd of straws connected with electrical tape. He was quite proud of the way it worked out and how he could just lay there and not lift a finger to get a drink.

This is how he stored the drinking end of the straw when it wasn't in use!
He ceases to amaze me!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

The Black Family said...

crazy guy! and to think we share DNA.

Dave and Emily said...

Hehehehe! I love it! He is super smart! Gotta give him credit! Your lucky to have a sweet guy Kell!

Brittni said...

Single roses are sweet :) He should call Casey & share that knowledge.

Lindsay Phenes said...

Oh I love my brother-in-law! My goodness he's so inventive. I think I like that almost as much as the toilet! ALMOST - we all got to enjoy using that toilet, but not this straw invention. Perhaps I can talk him into making me one in trade for No Bake Cookies?
That night he brought home the rose was so sweet! I wanted to hug him for you when I saw him bring it in the house!

Jacey said...

haha im laughing my butt off right now! cute!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

I love the invention, I have always joked about having a iv but this straw thing would work:)

KIM said...

brett got a good laugh out of the pop straw. he's jealous he didn't think of that first!

Brittany said...

That is so sweet of him to give you a flower!! I don't remember the last time I got flowers! even one!! Good Post!!! Love his invention...such a guy thing, huh!?!?

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is quite the invention. Perhaps he could expand it so that it runs throughout the house. Any time or any place he's feeling a little parched he could just take a convenient little sip. I'm seeing one in the living room, bedroom, and probably even in the bathroom... just imagine the possibilities! ;)

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!