Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Cookie Finale

The next morning we frosted the cookies. It seriously was a lot of fun. Periodically, I take a really BIG deep breath and go out on a limb and let the kids make a total mess of themselves. It is truly something that is extremely hard for me to do. (Kind of the same effect on my brain as nails down a chalkboard.) But it was well worth the fun that we all had!

They did frost the cookies at some point.

The girls were thrilled when I found their aprons and pulled them out.



Taylor called this the Playdoh cookie because of the mixed colors.

"There were some sprinkles in here."

"...Where did they go??"


"Here they are!!"
We most certainly did not hold back with the sprinkles. Aren't they beautiful?? They were delicious. The original plan was to share with several of our neighbors...they didn't make it out the door...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lindsay Phenes said...

Beautiful cookies!!! They did a wonderful job! I'm disappointed you didn't save JUST ONE for Aunt Sissy! I did lend you my sprinkles, cookie cutters, and the rest of my almond extract, after all! Tsk, tsk. LOL Awesome job, kiddies & Shaun. You too, sister - I know how that brain of yours works ;)

BryceandSally said...

Mmmm... they do look good!! I really hate making sugar cookies, it's such a pain. But the kids love it!

Brittni said...

Yum. You forgot to bring me some! One of my favorite childhood memories is making sugar cookies with my mom & sisters. Just limit yourself to a few holidays a year & then you won't go crazy :) They look great! I'm a believer that the more sprinkles the better.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!