Monday, December 28, 2009

Santa came to town in a Fire Truck

The Fire Department/Ambulance had a Christmas Party for the kids. There was a magician who came and taught a few of his tricks, and then Santa rode in on a Fire Truck and the kids met him outside. Then after sitting on Santa's lap Shaun gave us the tour of some of the trucks and his gear. It was neat for us all to see and to gain a better appreciation of all that goes into being on the department.

I love a man in uniform, always have!! :)

The kids enjoyed getting up in the trucks and looking around at the equipment.



Kambri still hasn't changed her mind about Santa. Maybe next year?!


We had a lot of fun and look forward to next years party.

Shaun and I had a party with the department for the adults at The Lodge. There was yummy food and entertainment...just didn't know that I was on the entertainment committee.

With Shaun being a rookie (and 2 others) they get the honor of being the departments' little pets. Shaun knew that the rookies were going to have to sing some Christmas songs at the party, but when we got there we were quickly informed that it is the tradition for the wives of the rookies to ALSO sing. Thank heavens it was only 2 songs, and pathetically enough we had to follow the Box Elder Madrigals that could carry a tune. All I can say is I'm glad that we won't be part of the entertainment next year. LOL!!

3 comments:

Lindsay Phenes said...

Oh, my cute little kiddies! I'll bet it was fun for them to see what their daddy does.
I'll cross my fingers that Kami decides to like Santa for next year! :)

Anne H said...

Sounds like a great time! Are you going to post what you made everyone for Christmas soon? I'm dying to see some pictures.

Brittany said...

I wish I could have been there to see you sing...I know you did great! We used to sing all the time together!!! I really would have loved to hear Shawn sing!! Sounds like it was fun!!!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!