Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve Party

It is our tradition to get together every Christmas Eve with Shaun's family for our Christmas Party!

When I was younger we always got together with my dads side of the family on Christmas Eve and I looked forward to it every year. It always helped to preoccupy my anxious mind. Somewhere along the way that got changed and we stopped doing it that night and it really made me sad. It was something I'd come to love and anticipate every year.

So when I got married this became our tradition with my in-laws and then we do Christmas Day with my family. It works out beautifully!

My nephew Eric, niece Lacie and Holl & Kami lined up anxiously awaiting the unveiling of their first present! My nephew Tysen was also there, but he didn't manage to make it in this particular picture.


Taylor and my brother-in-law, Adam.

Hooray for Harvest Moon! He was super excited!

(Tysen in the bottom corner and Brenda. I feel bad that this is the only picture we got them in.)

Brenda (mother-in-law) puts a lot of thought into every gift she gives. The girls love to play store, doctor, etc. So they each got their own little laptop and a bag full of everything they could possibly need for setting up shop, even down to their own business cards.

Watch out...these girls have it going on and will be company executives someday! We all joked that we should have had them open their presents when we first got there. These computers kept them entertained and the noise level a little lower. :)


Our cute little Grandma Bennett! She is truly the cutest little Grandma.

My sister-in-law, Jennifer and father-in-law, Mike.

We had a great evening with yummy food and great company! I'm so grateful for the wonderful in-laws that I have and all that they do for us. We got a lot of fun gifts that included gift cards, Bath & Body stuff, a cool serving tray divider with multiple purposes and a Hot Chocolate Maker.

1 comment:

Lindsay Phenes said...

I need to come try your hot chocolate maker :)

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!