Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Some crazy times

Well, Thanksgiving came and went, and in all honesty, it wasn't the greatest. Without boring you with the details, I was sick with the flu and have been quite hormonal since Kambri and the puking troubles. We had dinner at Shaun's grandmas and then later went to the inlaws to celebrate Taylor's birthday a few days early with them. Plus, the kids decorated gingerbread houses. I want to create a visual for you here. Imagine an 11 year old and then 5 kids under the age of 7 in a kitchen with frosting and candy everywhere. Yup, good times! :)

Lindsay and I went shopping on Black Friday and I was beat from only getting 1 1/2 hours of sleep, and STILL sick. It was quite the sight to see the two of us cruising down the road swigging on a bottle of Pepto and popping Imodium pills. It ended up being one of our shortest shopping trips yet, and looking back on it, we should have just gone to Wally's and called it a day. Needless to say, I still have quite a bit of shopping to be done and I can't believe it's only 22 days until Christmas! Time to kick it into high gear.

Saturday was Taylor's 11th birthday. I can't believe how big he's getting. We had a friend party (I will post pictures later) for him, and luckily we only had 9 show. We had been battling over how many he could invite, I'd originally told him 8, then I gave in to 16. He comes home from school and this is how our conversation goes:

Taylor: I kind of got guilted into inviting a few extra people in my class.
Me: Define a few..
Taylor: Umm, maybe 4 or 5.
Me: Is that really all? You'd better tell me honestly how many you invited so I can plan
accordingly.
Taylor: Maybe 10 or 12.

Ok, seriously, how can you get overly mad at the kid?! I was frustrated and got a little edgy with him (mostly just envisioning 25+ kids running around my house), but I had to find humor in it.

So, even with the 9 kids that did show up, it was PLENTY. I swear their parents gave them a good dose of sugar before sending them, they were bouncing off the walls. All in all, it ended up fine. They had a good time (even though the one boy comes up and says he's not comfortable with the swearing on the show they were watching...yep...Taylor turns on good ole' Jeff Dunham's Christmas episode or something when they HAD been playing the PS2). At any rate, I concur with my mom only letting us have a friend party every other year as kids.

Then on Sunday we went up to my parents house for another turkey dinner (yum yum) and to celebrate Tay's birthday with them. The kid ended up a lucky boy, his birthday ended up being a 3 day celebration!! He didn't complain too much. :) It was good to get together with my family, we don't get to do that often enough. My mom is so busy with school and work, so it was nice to spend time with them!

I've been in a bout of depression (since the Kambri puking troubles) that I can't seem to kick out of. I'm SUPER paranoid of anyone else in my family getting the pukes now (although none of them are even acting sick), and I just keep freaking out over it. I'm truly beginning to think I need to see a shrink. Blah. I am starting to feel a little better about everything, but again, I'm worried that it's the calm before the storm and that we're going to break out with more of the flu garbage. Pray for me, is all I can say!

On a brighter note, I got my Christmas decorations all up except for the outside decorations. Unfortunately there won't be presents going under our tree until right before Christmas, due to my little Kambri.

Well, rather long winded, but that should catch things up to speed now.

3 comments:

Brittni said...

He's already 11?!?! When did that happen? That sucks that you've been sick. Caleb hasn't been much fun this past week either...then Casey got it so I had 2 babies :) Couple of pansies! Hope you get feeling better soon. Let me know if i can help with anything. I am just down the road.

the heath's said...

Hey we can do pictures whenever lets figure out a time.

Anonymous said...

Cute blog, cute family!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!