Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas with my family

We spent Christmas afternoon/night with my family! We got together at Lindsay & Mark's new house and had a great time.

We read the story of the Savior's Birth and although it was hard holding the kids' attention, it's definitely something we're going to start doing every year. As you can see in the picture, even Hollie helped with some of the reading! That was special in and of itself.


Everyone was spoiled as usual! I love spending time with my family, and I'm very grateful that I have such a close-knit family!

What a surprise we had when we looked outside...snow EVERYWHERE! Needless to say, my parents and Chris ended up staying the night at my house. Although they weren't prepared with any of their stuff, the spontaneity of it made it rather fun, and of course the kids were ecstatic!!!

My brother, Dad & Mom
My brother-in-law Mark

My cheesy sister, Lindsay
How shocking that we might find Kambri with a baby...

And of course, we can't forget their dog Scruffy.

1 comment:

Lindsay Phenes said...

You like to post cheesy pics of me, don't you?! LOL Payback can suck, sister sue! Wow, look at those pretty wood paneled walls. Yay for old basements. Christmas was actually very nice - I'm glad my house ended up working to get together. I definitely agree, we need to make it tradition to read the Christmas Story every year. (Even though kiddies don't get as much out of it...) Thanks for including dear Scruffy. He feels loved by his Auntie Kellie

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!