Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve with the Bess's

I worked very hard this year for Christmas making crafty gifts for a lot of the family. I made these shadow boxes for my mother-in-law. I had so much fun with them and felt like they turned out darling! (I wanted to keep them for myself, if the truth be told.) I also made several vinyl tiles and magnet sets. I definitely have found something I'm enjoying and will continue on with this re-discovered crafty addiction! :)

Taylor got the new Harry Potter book, a Wii game (so sneaky...my mother-in-law told him if he didn't get a Wii from Santa that they would take it back and trade it for a different game) and other fun things in his giant stocking! He was such a trooper this year with realizing that his presents cost 3-4x's the amount of one present for the girls and therefore his looks like less.

Hollie and Kambri's stockings were much alike, only Hollie's was done in Hannah Montana stuff and Kambri's was done in Disney princesses. They got pillows, blankets, roll-up bags, umbrellas, bags, bath and body stuff and a ton more!

Shaun and I got a lot of fun things as well. Amongst many things we got books, money, games, bath and body stuff, shirt, etc.

Kambri had so much fun pulling her presents out of her giant stocking and unwrapping! She even helped some of the rest of us.

My mother-in-law, Taylor and my niece Lacie in the background. My mother-in-law, Brenda, always makes things so much fun for us! I am so grateful to her and all that she does for our family. We had a yummy dinner and enjoyed ourselves just spending time together!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Sounds like you were busy making nice thoughtful gifts for everyone. I like the shadow boxes you made. Also your comment about the piano- I remember you playing in yw and you were good. I could never play the song if anyone was singing and you could!

BryceandSally said...

I love you Bess sign! Maybe you could make me a Wade one! :) Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The Black Family said...

It is so good to hear from you! I'm glad you have a blog too. Now we will be able to keep in touch better. Congrats on going to the temple. That is so awesome. Maybe next time we come to visit we could go do a session. I hope you and Shaun can be sealed soon. I will be praying for it. Love you guys!

Lindsay Phenes said...

I love how your shadowboxes turned out!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!