Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas Day was a lot of fun with the kids! I was so overly prepared this year to catch the moment, and borrowed my dads camcorder. Well, after we opened all of our presents and everyone went their own little ways...I realized we videoed a good majority, but completely failed with the digital camera. So needless to say, all I have are a few after pictures of the girls playing.

We bought a Wii several months ago to give as a family gift. Taylor has been wanting one forever and I just couldn't justify giving him a Wii for himself (we know of course who will get 95% of the use out of it, but it's still the principle of the matter). I've been thinking of how to give the Wii because we bought Hollie a game and Taylor various games and what not for the Wii, but obviously needed to have the Wii opened first. Long story short, I tweaked this cute scavenger hunt for the kids to go on in the house to find it. It was a lot of fun and we did that before we opened any presents. And, it made the excitement last a little longer. After running around the upstairs and downstairs with various clues, they finally found the present wrapped inside the stove! :)

This was a Hannah Montana year for Hollie. Yes, she's a little obsessed with her. Reminds me of my New Kids on the Block year. Anyone remember that year? Holl got a scooter, Baby Chou Chou, clothes, V-Smile Pocket and numerous other things.

Kambri got a table and chairs set, a playhouse (I'll have to take pictures it's darling), and various other things as well.


Taylor of course got a bunch of Wii games (can we say 'expensive' for the games?), books, CD's, and that was the majority of his stuff.

And of course Shaun and I were treated quite nicely too! :)

Although Christmas is a lot of fun, I'm glad it's over. This year seemed quite stressful with all of my projects I made. But next year I'll be done sooner... last famous words! :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had a blast!! I like the idea of the scavenger hunt for the wii=)

the heath's said...

New kids on the block, I totally went through that stage too!!!

Jacey said...

what a fun mom doing a scavanger hunt! cute! no no date yet...we are waiting awhile we have it figured out if we wait til about this time this year michael will only have a semester left of school before he graduates with his bachelors so thats what we will probably do! the more school done the better!!! but i will let you know! and yes i will come visit....sometime soon!

Brittany said...

It seems like Christmas was a hit at your house! Looks like fun! And way good idea with the scavengar hunt! I am sure they will remember it!

Lindsay Phenes said...

I'm glad you did the scavenger hunt - I think that made a huge difference...just adding something fun! I'll have to come watch your video since you slacked on pics

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!