Thursday, December 18, 2008

Arrow of Light & On To Boy Scouts

Taylor advanced from cub scouts to the Boy Scouts at this months pack meeting. It's hard to believe he's already done with that part. I remember when he first entered into scouts. They put me in as a den leader at the same time. (Don't laugh...I know what you're thinking. And yes, I knew nothing about the program and am still pretty much ignorant to it all.)

Anyways. We make it a top priority to not make a real push of the scouts each year until the end when we are up against a tight deadline to earn his badge for that year. And we succeeded again this year. I must say, this year was a harder one to leave until the last minute with some of the things we were trying to do. Alas, we did it. And, he earned his Arrow of Light award which is the highest award you can earn in cub scouts and the only award that you take with you to Boy Scouts.
I am very proud of Taylor and look forward to being the proud mama again when he earns his Eagle Scout!

Taylor and his scout leader, Sister Sharp, presenting his many awards. She was an essential part in Taylor finishing up the tail end of it all. We couldn't have done it without her.

He's looking awfully enthused about receiving his arrow from Brother Smith.

Crossing the bridge...he's now a Boy Scout!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I saw Taylor at church today, he's so big! I can't believe he's that old. But it really makes sense. Time flies!!! Congratuations, scout mom!!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!