Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas festivities in full swing

Well, it's that time of year! I've been busy working away frantically on Christmas projects for gifts. I've actually had a really fun time doing it. But, I need to really kick it into gear with my shopping. I feel totally unprepared this year and am lacking that 'perfect' gift for everyone. What can ya do?

Tonight Hollie and I had to run to Ogden to run some errands. We had a great time spending some one on one time. She acts so grown up most of the time. We were taking some Mary Kay to one of my customers there in Ogden and I can never remember exactly where she lives I just sort of find it. So as we're looking for her house in the dark, my spunky Hollie blurts out, "I knew I should've brought a compass." I just laughed and laughed. She is becoming quite the sassy little gal but she makes me laugh with her spontaneity.

In the midst of all the Christmas parties I have scheduled for next week, I'm REALLY wanting to go and do a session at the temple. Anyone up for it with me? It's only my 2nd time and I'm still pretty nervous, but really want to make it through again before Christmas.

We got our yard decorations up and our outdoor lights, but we need to buy another outdoor extension cord before the lights are officially in working order. Maybe by Christmas Eve I'll have that done, that seems to be how things have been getting done.

Saturday night Shaun and I went on a date with Lindsay and Mark. We had a great time. We flew down to Toys r Us looking for the magical Christmas doll, only to find they were out of stock. Then we flew back to Melina's/Bella's in Farr West for dinner. We had the fastest dinner I bet anyone has ever had there. But, we had a strict time line to make it to Twilight in time. Twilight was fabulous! I can't wait for the sequel. Shaun liked it alright, said it was a little slow going but that it was alright.

While we were out on our date my mother-in-law took the grandkids to go see Santa. I have pictures but would need to scan them in. We've got Kambri with the usual screaming fit, trying to jump off Santa's lap. She's at that age. It's hilarious.

My kids are being big thinkers this year. Taylor would like a Wii, Hollie wants a Nintendo DS, and Kambri wants a baby. Hmmm...we'll have to see what Santa gets creative with, especially with the economy effecting the North Pole as well. Haha! Now, I must explain that Hollie's wish list from Santa is changing on an almost daily basis. Gotta love kids! :) I suppose she comes by it honestly, I can't make a decision to save my soul.

So, again, no pictures...but soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on going to the Temple, something I need to do much more often. I am also a Mary Kay consultant, where are you living. How long have you been a consultant, I started on y 18th birthday, but it has been more of a hobby for me, I have really enjoyed it and want to do something more, but am a bit nervous.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!