Saturday, January 31, 2009

Put Your Strength On


My sweet Hollie says such witty things at times. Her and Shaun were playing yesterday and she wanted him to hold his arm out to his side and let her hang from it and lift her up and down. So she tells him, "Put your strength on, Dad!" I got the biggest kick out of it. Where do they come up with these things?

So, of course I start psychoanalyzing her statement. And I've decided that sometimes I need to put my strength on. I've been feeling a bit down and depressed and I'm not sure how to pull myself out sometimes. Today in particular was a rough day on the marriage front. You know, those days that we all have at various times. But I need to try harder and sometimes that even means convincing myself that it's not giving in to try smoothing things over. And if you wonder why I'm blogging about some not so 'merry sunshiny' things...sometimes I get sick of hearing that everyone's lives are so great and wonderful and that they're blessed and they never mention that life sometimes stinks. Sometimes we have bad days and we are still normal, still have good families and lives. So, apparently the Bess Household is being shown as not so perfect today. :) But tomorrow perhaps....now I'm starting to ramble.

Oh, and on a totally different note. Kambri is 'putting her strength on' (yes I realize I'm a bit odd at times) and has been binky free (even at naptime) since Monday. Yeah! That's quite the accomplishment for both of us.

4 comments:

Lindsay Phenes said...

You didn't tell me Kam's been without her bink since Monday! Way to go, Kami! I completely understand what you mean about people only talking about the happy parts of life.

Brittni said...

It does get old hearing how seriously so blessed EVERYONE is all the times. It just can't be! Relationships are freaing hard. Life is freaking hard. Finding happiness in our everyday life is hard...but that is something worth working on. We only get one chance. Cheer up! Congrats on the binki! Caleb is down to a bottle at nap time & a bottle at bed time & I don't know if I have it in me to take them away completely :(

Katie Jo said...

Hey hun. I totally agree with the happines thing. Marriage is hard. Men are Hard to deal with at times. Cheer up and you call me once in awhile I know that would make you a bit happier:>congrats on the binki. How is potty training going? Breckyn still shows no interest at all.

Stefanie said...

It's nice to hear that other people have stressful and not so happy moments too. We all know everone has them it's just nice to see people admit to it!!

Can you blame it on cabin fever? This time of year is hard on our household. We all want to get out and run and play in the sunshine. Sunshine is very therapeutic.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!