Thursday, January 15, 2009

Surgery Update

Well, I just thought I'd do a real quick update on how the surgery went. All in all it was pretty smooth. Honestly, the pain I felt when I first woke up was a bit more intense than I had anticipated and I had a really hard time getting the pain managed at first. But I was in and out of the outpatient center in just over 2 hours.

Seeing as I don't know of anyone who reads my blog that I wouldn't have this conversation with in person...I may as well just speak it here! When I went in it was during my period and actually would've ended up being my heaviest day of it. However, I walk out...and it's VERY minimal. My doctor said it'd take 4-6 months before I'd really get a feel for how my body is going to react to that time of the month. (Whether I have nothing...or light spotting)...I'm hoping for nothing! :)

So mainly I've just had cramping (and the first 6-8 hours was the worst of it). I could've worked the next day, but I ended up having the other girl work. Which worked out good because I have had a really hard time staying awake. (Again today as well...that's some pretty good anesthesia.) Haha!!

All in all it has been pretty easy, I can't complain. So, if you're contemplating it and you're done having kiddos...GO FOR IT!!! I'll update you when I'm down the road a bit with it as well.

3 comments:

BryceandSally said...

Hey Kell, I'm glad your doing good! Take care of yourself and rest up! :) Maybe even a little more than you need!

the heath's said...

Glad to hear you are doing good and that things went smoothly.

Folkman's said...

Wow kelli,
Way to do it! I had no idea you were taking ccare of that stuff! You'll have to let me know how it goes! just to let you know i have a new blog averylily.blogspot.com. You'll have to go check it out!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!