Monday, January 19, 2009

One of my hobbies...

I realize to most, these are just pictures of clothes. But to a 'penny pincher' it goes much deeper than that.

So I frequent a place called 'Pinching Your Pennies' (PYP) and if you haven't checked it out, you NEED to! I have saved so much money over the last several years since I started doing couponing and watching for deals to be posted. A lot of people don't want to do the whole coupon things, and to each his own. I very much had the mentality before PYP that coupons were only for poor people. But if you have to call yourself poor to justify coupons, call me poor! Cause I LOVE saving money!

My Aunt Brenda initially introduced me to PYP and then I went to a PYP class with my best friend Katie and have been going at it since. Let me know if you have any questions about it. If nothing else, even frequenting the 'Screaming Deals Online' forum is a huge money saver. I got better deals online this year for Christmas presents than the day after Thanksgiving.

So now that I've rambled about one of my hobbies...I gotta tell you of my SAVINGS!!! I found out on PYP that Old Navy was doing their 50% off marked clearance sale. I LOVE this sale!

In this picture I bought some summer clothes for my girls, some winter clothes for next year and some pants for Taylor to grow into.
This shows more of the clothes I got for Taylor and a few presents I picked up for my niece and nephew to put away for Christmas next year. (Ssshhh don't tell.)
I bought 5 pairs of pants and a shirt for me. Retail was $168. I paid $37.


(This doesn't include my 1st trip to Old Navy which I didn't take pictures of, but bought as much stuff then as I did my 3rd time. Yes, I confess. I went to Old Navy 3 times. Twice to Riverdale, once to Logan. But Logan's selection was terrible.

So, total retail on the things in these pictures is $496. Are you ready for this? I spent $119.

Pinching Your Pennies

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Katie Jo said...

oh I am so jealous, that is one of the things i miss the most about living in utah is old navy. I did find some great deals myself though on cabelas.com> chris got a gift card to there and he didn't want anything on there and I was surprised at the cute stuff they had that wasn't hunting gear. I found karli a denim jacket for 2.88 and matching capri's for 4.88. I got a ton of stuff and only spent $85. I am excited for it all to get here. So if you are looking for good stuff go to cabelas its not all hunting clothes.

Lindsay Phenes said...

I love PYP! That's how I afforded to stay home for Haddie's first year. YAY for coupons!

Brittany said...

Holy Cow!! That is awesome! I have done a little bit with coupons, but not much. I am familiar with the PYP site, but I think I get to overwhelmed with how to do it...maybe we could get together sometime and you can teach me more! I would love to take advantage of SAVINGS!!! I will call you and we will set up a time to get together....wow that is amazing...!!!

Brittni said...

WOW!! I'm impressed! I'm just getting the couponing thing down...well, kind of. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love PYP!! I have a room full of amazon toys for birthday parties and Christmas. I have another bedroom in the basement devoted to food/nonfood storage (toilet paper, shampoo, laundy soap, etc.)
All thanks to PYP. Glad you are enjoying too.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!