Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swimming Lessons- Part 1

I am ashamed to say that this was Hollie's 1st year in swimming lessons and only Taylor's 3rd or 4th year. So, it was a much needed thing this summer.

Major accomplishments for Hollie were getting comfortable with going completely under water. She has never been one to go all the way under, so I'm proud of her for that. Plus, she conquered her fear or the diving board and kept going on it over and over again trying to become less fearful. She's doing great.




Taylor did really well for having jumped him 2 levels. He is definitely very comfortable with the water and even in the deep end.

We didn't put Kambri in this session for lessons, but have signed all 3 of the kids up for another session to start in another week. We are moving Hollie up a level although there were a few things she didn't pass on, but we're going to keep Tay in the level he's at because the next level they'll be swimming laps. So, he's doing pretty good where he's at. I look forward to seeing them all improve and also in seeing how Kambri does with her lessons.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lindsay Phenes said...

I'm so proud of your kiddos! I'm glad their swimming lessons went well. However, I have a bone to pick with you missy! Why didn't you consult me before signing yours up for the next round of lessons? I told you to let me know cause maybe I'd sign Haddie up too. Do you see this? This is me pouting........
Okay I'm done :) You'll have to keep me updated on how they do in the next session.

Brittni said...

Hollie is my hero! I'm still afraid of the diving board :)

Anonymous said...

Hey - I also have Harli signed up for the next session... at 10:15. What time are yours?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kellie,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. To answer your question, I have a bin in the garage where I store all of my seasonal decor or stuff that I only bring out to use every once in a while. BUT - I'm not like most people; I don't decorate for the holidays. I might do one small little display for each holiday, but really not much at all. So in my garage I have two bins that hold my seasonal stuff plus two bins for my Christmas decor (one of which is dedicated to ornaments for the tree) For Christmas I only put up a tree, stockings, my nativity set (which I actually display in my curio year round) and an advent calendar. I know people who have boxes and boxes and boxes of holiday decor. I just drives me in insane to have my house "taken over" with seasonal decorations. So things like my little votive holders I plan on putting away in my seasonal decor box and I'll bring them out for special occasions when we actually eat at the dinner table. When I got married my mom handed down a bunch of her old holiday decorations. I tried to use them, but it drove me crazy and I had no room to store them. I finally decided that I'd just stick with a couple decorations for each holiday - only my very FAVORITE ones. It works for me.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!