Monday, July 6, 2009

Lagoon Fun

We were able to go to Lagoon as a family last week and Taylor brought his best friend Keaton. When I was a kid growing up, I don't remember us missing a year of going to Lagoon. It was always one of the main highlights of summer.

Although it was quite an eventful morning trying to make it there, after the kids' first session of swimming lessons and my Dad's truck blew up, ...we still managed to make it there.

Luckily we were able to score some free tickets from my brother-in-law Mark that he wasn't using, and a few extra from my Dad, as we went on Nucor Lagoon Day.


This was our first year taking Kambri and she really seemed to enjoy it. Her 1st ride was the Flying Aces. I was really concerned about how she'd handle it, but Taylor said she did pretty good.

She did alright on the planes with Taylor, but was a little upset over the little boats. :) (I think it was mainly because Hollie started out getting in by her and was then told she was too big and had to get out.)

The girls had a lot of fun on this ride! It was fun to see their excitement. However, Hollie's favorite rides are the BIG rides. There isn't a ride that she won't get on that I know of.

Taylor and Keaton ran around pretty much by themselves and called and checked in every so often with Shaun or I. They are some crazy boys when they get together, but I believe they tried minding their manners. (Aside from when a 'girl' caught their eye. I'm maintaining the fact that it was Keaton who was interested and feeling more assured in the fact that Taylor isn't into girls yet.) I didn't get any pictures of the boys on any rides, but I did manage to get them to stop long enough for a quick picture.


Hollie and Shaun ran around from ride-to-ride. There were a few rides Hollie would've liked to have gotten on, but Shaun says his stomach can't handle some of the rides like 'back in the day'! I remember 'back in the day' when I loved running around from ride-to-ride and when my stomach didn't feel like it was going to bottom out on the rides.

I was able to visit with Elaine and Tracy. I always look forward to Nucor Day so we can catch up with the latest Bingham Family Member! Good times...

Me, my dad and Kambri left around 5:30 and the poor little girl was absolutely exhausted. She never falls asleep in the car, but she most certainly did this day.



When I asked Kambri what her favorite ride was, she said the cars were her favorite.
The swings were definitely a huge hit, they went on this one several times in a row.

It was well worth enduring the heat for the day, everyone had a great time!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lindsay Phenes said...

I'm glad your family enjoyed Lagoon so much. Perhaps next year Mark will be more inclined in going, since Haddie will be old enough to enjoy it. I'm shocked Kambri fell asleep - that's the first time I've heard of it happening since she was an infant!

Brittni said...

Fun! I want to go to Lagoon :) Funny, funny Keaton. He is also friends with my nephew. He's a good time.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!