Thursday, March 5, 2009

We love to see the Temple!

Last Saturday my family, Lindsay's family and my Mom went to the Draper Temple Open House. It was a really neat experience and I'm glad we had the opportunity for my kids to be able to see inside a temple. I vaguely remember going through the Bountiful Temple before it was dedicated, mostly what stood out over the years was how beautiful it was. I don't know that you could ever get completely use to the beauty in the temples. There are so many things that are breathtaking. It was neat to be able to answer my kids' questions and some of Lindsay's from firsthand experience and I need to work harder to be a continual example to everyone around me.

I needed some reinforcement and direction to get back to the temple. My goal I've set is to go once a month and it's definitely time to go again. I don't know if everyone struggles in the same way I have but I quickly learned that even after you go through the temple the struggles may increase rather than decrease. I feel like I have to work at things even more so than before, That's not a bad thing, but I was not prepared for that aspect of it. I suppose it's a test of our faith and commitment.

It was a really neat experience to be in the sealing room with my entire family and just envision the day that we can be sealed as a forever family. The kids were all well behaved, I was very impressed that way.

Poor Kami though. As we were getting off the bus at the temple Kami fell down off her seat and bumped her ear. It immediately turned black and we thought it was from dirt or something. Oh no, my poor girl really hit hard. I've been meaning to take pictures of it, but it's finally looking decent and you wouldn't get see the same effect now. On the way home she kept saying everyones name and then 'temple'. "Mommy temple, Daddy temple, etc." It was so stinking cute!

I suggested to both Taylor and Hollie that they write down their experience so they have it to look back on. This is what Hollie wrote about it:

"What I like about the temple. I like all the room. It was rilly fun. It was a long way but it was still fun. I went to the Draper Temple." And then she drew a picture of her by the temple.

She also wrote a separate note that said: "I wanted my Grandpa to be there but I on (know) he is there. He was a teesr and he had a cane that he want to trick me. I loved him very very very very very much." This was of course near and dear to my heart and made me so happy to think that while we were there she thought of him. Coincidence? Definitely not!

It was a wonderful night and I'm so glad we made the time to get down there.

4 comments:

Dave and Emily said...

Oh Kellie! Thanks for sharing that with me! It is a wonderful experience to take your family to an open house. We took our kids to the Rexburg one and it was amazing. Dont worry too much about having things become harder. It happened to me too. Satan works very hard to keep you out of the temple. I will have to tell you some of our crazy experiences. Try to keep going to matter what. I would love to go with you to do a session. Lets figure out a time we can go k. I miss you terribly and get so excited to see new posts. I love ya Kellie!

Em

Lindsay Phenes said...

Oh that sweet little Hollie! You never told me about her writing that. It made me cry! (Despite the fact that everything...I'm talking EVERYthing makes me cry anymore. I'd say I was prego if I didn't know better) That was a very neat experience to take our families there. I'm so proud of both of our hubbies for being willing to go with us!

Jacey said...

hey kell! yeah you should totally do it! when you get a new camera definately get a nikon! they are the BEST! there is alot of good places around brigham...and ogden, the union station, usu botanical gardens, in brigham down by the old train station, along main street in back of the old stores there are lots of cute old brick walls, doors with darling old peeling paint...logan along main street you will find the same old walls doors etc..lots of places just start keeping your eye open!

Anne H said...

Kellie! I can't believe you came all the way down to the Draper Temple and didn't just stop and see our house in person. I can see the temple out of my bedroom window. =p

We'll get some pictures up as soon as the boxes are empty and gone for ever. =)

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!