Monday, February 9, 2009

Hollie Bear

I've decided this week to blog individually about my kiddos. A good friend of mine once said that when she focuses on the good, it helps to block out the bad.

I must be having cabin fever, because I'm just struggling pulling myself out of this slump I feel like I'm in. I was being a not-so-nice Mom and was having very little patience with Hollie earlier, but we got it turned around. After a mini-meltdown of tears I felt a bit better. (In all truthfulness, the tears had been working themselves up all day, it wasn't her necessarily.)

So, we sat down and played Disney Sorry! and a Memory Game. I have to add that she has a memory like no other. She can recall things that were said or done YEARS ago and it carries over into the Memory game. She always feels sorry for me and throws me a few matches here and there. :)

After we were done playing the games we were talking a bit. She starts asking about the various places I've had stitches and what happened. (There's a lot!) Well she got a bit confused and started thinking that stitches are from surgery so I explained to her the difference and that when you cut open the skin they basically "sew" you back together.

Hollie: So Jesus sewed me together before he sent me down to Earth? (You totally have to know the tone she uses when she's talking about things that get me laughing. She totally feeds into me.)
Me: Not exactly. (As I'm dying of laughter).
Hollie: Well how did he get my neck to stick to my head? And my ears?
Me: When you were in my tummy your whole body was formed inside me.
Hollie: Oh, so Jesus sent me down in an egg? (Again the whole tone thing)
Me: More laughter

Anyways, so it went even farther to her wanting to know why the egg wasn't sent to Shaun for him to 'hatch' and so forth. It was absolutely hilarious. Taylor has never cared about ?'s like this and her mind just works so actively on these topics. But the ending consensus was that she 'doesn't ever want to go back in there again'- referring to my tummy! The things they come up with.

I took these pictures a few weeks ago and never did post them. I got home from work and she had set up this concert for Shaun and I to come to in her room. We have a lot of concerts in this house, she's my little rock star.

She had refreshments ready for all of us which included bread, water, and various candy.


She had made a picture/letter for each person.

The 2 rock stars!!
Receiving my letter.
Hollie dancing. For never having had dancing lessons of any sort, she's a natural little ballet gal. I've got to get her enrolled.

I love you my sweet Hollie! Thank you so much for the joy you bring into my life.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lindsay Phenes said...

Oh, my little Hollie! She definitely has those moments that make you wonder how you can get so frustrated with her, huh! I remember that concert of hers. She and Kambri looked beautiful in their dresses!

Brittni said...

She wanted your husband to have the egg?? Oh Hollie. Boys can't hack that kind of stuff :) What a fun story. This week is bad for a play date because I'm going into work on Thur & Fri...what days work best for you next week for an early afternoon get together? I'll call Steph too...

BryceandSally said...

She is so funny! I love her sweet innocent questions! It would be nice if dads had to sit on the egg, make them do some of the work!

Anonymous said...

She is too cute!! I love those little memories they make just by being themselves.

Brittany said...

That was a good post! I love that she had refreshments for you....that is so adorable! She is stinkin' cute!!

Anonymous said...

Our joy school group is just a group of moms in the ward who were talking about what to do for preschool and a few of us remembered we did joyschool as kid, so one got online and found Valuesparenting.com that has lesson plans and handouts and everything you need. See if anyone around you is interested maybe?

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!