Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kambri Balooga

Oh my little Kambri! She's growing up so fast. Kambri has been adding new words everyday and it brings so much relief to my worried mind. She's starting to put 2 words together and it's happening quickly. The other day in the car I tried handing her drink to her and she tells me, "don't want it". I was SHOCKED! So she is definitely making strides with her speech.

The binky is gone, gone, gone! It's been like 2 weeks! HOORAY! (Which reminds me that I need to gather them out of the hiding spots and throw them away.)

Kambri and I had a wonderful day together yesterday. We cleaned the house and sat and played her Dora matching game. We made up our own little version of it so she could better understand and make it fun. Fun we did have! :)


She had to have this bowl to put her matches in. :)
Then came naptime and she has started this new thing that she takes off her diaper when she wakes up or is laying in her crib. It went something like this at naptime.

Trip #1 into her room (due to all the noise)- she's thrown her pants, diaper and blankets all overboard onto the floor. I put them back on and settle her back into bed.

Trip #2- (more noise after I thought she was finally asleep). Blankets, pants and diaper overboard...with piddle all over her sheets and legs. So I change the sheets, clean her up and leave again.

Trip #3- (she's really starting to howl at this point). I go in there and she's freaking out in the corner on her tip toes. Yes my friends, she's peed AND pooped all over her bed and is trying not to step in it. Plus, her socks are sopping wet with pee. At this point, I give up! Out of the bed she comes, get her cleaned up, wash her SECOND set of sheets...and off to play we go! (How gross to think that at the time I thought 'hmmm...I should grab my camera for my post'.) :)

I was upset initially but the greatest thing of all of this...I found humor in it! What a little stinker. I told her if she doesn't want to wear diapers anymore she needs to learn to use the potty. If only we could get her more consistent. Any tips out there?! :)

I love you so much Kami! Thanks for all the love and joy you bring to our family!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Wendy H. said...

Cute stories about your kids and cute pictues of your family! I think you're an amazing mom!

Goldies said...

Yikes! So much to look forward to! Um, you can create your own poll by clicking on the "customize" tab and then click on the "add a gadget" button and then there is a section to create a poll. It's quite easy otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Oh wow what a day! You are such a good sport! Cute story- I am sure it was hard to laugh about at the time but you can look back and laugh about it later.

Brittany said...

It is fun to hear all about your kids...good blogging! Sorry to hear about the messes you had to clean up, that is the worst!! Way to keep your patience!! I don't know if I would have been able to! We REALLY need to get together...I will call you soon, I promise!!

Lindsay Phenes said...

Oh my lil Kami...what a bucket of fun that girl is! The funny thing is, I can completely see this all in my head. Such a stinker!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!