Thursday, June 27, 2013

After the Sealing & the Luncheon

We had 5 minutes that we were allotted to take pictures in our white clothing on the temple grounds.  (Truthfully it turned into more like 20, they were patient with us.) 

It had been raining before we left for the temple but thankfully we had some dry weather while doing pictures and for our luncheon!

Lindsay, Mark, Haddie, Zoey & Rylee, Mike & Brenda, Lacie & Jennifer were outside waiting for us.  It was so wonderful to come out from something so beautiful and see the rest of our family (minus Chris who was busy catering at the fire station for our luncheon).

 

Shaun's Aunt Sandy and cousin Anne came in from Arizona to share our special day!  We were so grateful to them for making such a big deal out of our sealing.  It was so nice to see them!
This is our wonderful cake made by Connie Archibald.  She made our cake when we got married and it is the most delicious cake you've ever tasted.  I'm not a big cake person, but this one I crave and she was gracious enough to make us another one.  It was perfect (except Kambri's name being spelled wrong.) :)  On the other side of it, it said Families are Forever!

I wish we would've gotten pictures at the luncheon but unfortunately I don't really have any. 

We had a lot of family who volunteered to help with food assignments and it all came together very nicely.  A huge shout-out to Chris who did a marvelous job as our 'caterer'.  I was quite stressed about how I was going to get from the temple and then to the fire station to have everything ready to go for the luncheon, so he willingly accepted the position as our catering service.  He puts on a heck of a spread, much nicer than I would've ever done.  He has a knack for that sort of thing. 

We were so grateful to all of those who came to the luncheon and having some extra time to visit with them.  We were spoiled with many sentimental gifts that will always be a constant reminder of our Sealing Day!


We feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to be sealed with our family in our very own Brigham City Temple and are so glad that so many of our friends and family were present!  Our new Eternal Family is truly one of the greatest blessings we have been given!

No comments:

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!