Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our 3 children complete our Eternal Family

This was another one of those moments that I'd played out in my head SO many times over the years. Envisioning our 3 children all dressed in white being brought into the sealing room has always been such an overwhelming feeling and I've always known I'd be a blubbering mess.  And what I'd envisioned was even more beautiful in reality.


It was absolutely silent as we were waiting those final minutes before the kids were brought in and then I heard the turning of the door knob and again my heart skipped a beat or two. They were beautiful!  So angelic looking and to see their first look as they walked in the door and took everything in was breathtaking, and again a very spiritual/emotional moment.  I lost it.  The kids walked over to Shaun and I and gave us each a big hug and then sat down next to us.  I could sense their feelings of awe, nervousness and an overwhelming flow of emotions, and peace.  
 
The sealer asked that Shaun and I, Taylor, Hollie & Kambri kneel around the altar at that time.  I had a continual flow of tears that I finally gave up trying to stop as I looked back and forth at each of the kids and Shaun!  I have never had a more spiritual/ emotional experience than this! At so many different times it all seemed so surreal.  I'd always known this was my ultimate goal in life and wanted to have this more than anything in the world, but certainly lacked the faith that this dream would come true!  I was still very aware of the fact that there were so many in the room, but yet it felt like in that moment it was just us!  Taylor was absolutely beaming, I could sense so much that I hadn't expected to see in him.  Hollie's reaction was just as I had expected.  I could see her taking every last detail in and knew there were so many things she was thinking and feeling that we would talk about later.  Kambri just had a look of such contentment and happiness.  I took a mental picture of us around the altar, with our hands all linked together, that I hope will never grow dim. Such simple words were spoken but such profound eternal blessings promised with our faithfulness.  
 
Then the sealer had us all stand and look into the mirrors together and told us to imagine the generations before us, our posterity, and the eternal life that we can share with them. To think of all of our loved ones who have passed away that were there with us that day.  At that very moment I knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that we had many deceased love ones there with us.  I very strongly felt Michelle, Grandpa Hansen, Grandma Parrish & Shaun's Grandma Bennett at that time.
 

I know the temple has been such a blessing in adding to each of my children’s testimonies.  Looking into the eyes of each one of them as we were kneeling at the altar…I KNOW they felt things that they couldn’t put words to and that they will never forget those feelings and the experience.  Hollie came home and later that night wrote in her new journal about her experience; 5 pages later and she had strengthened my testimony through hers.

How wonderful it is to know that we are an Eternal Family and can be together throughout Eternity!  It is worth every sacrifice and obstacle that had to be overcome to get there!    

No comments:

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!