Monday, June 24, 2013

Remember this? I never would've imagined.

Remember this post?  I went to the San Diego temple on May 5, 2012.  I've copied part of what I'd posted regarding our trip to California (from the post 'California- Day 2a').

"My family went to California & San Diego when I was in 7th grade.  We went to go see the San Diego Temple and unfortunately at the time it was closed for renovation, and therefore we couldn't get inside the gates.  However, it made such an impression on me and ever since I have LONGED to go inside that temple.  It is the most beautiful temple, in my opinion.

So when we started planning our family trip this year to California, I knew that this was something that couldn't be overlooked. 

I felt kind of bad, because the kids were so antsy to get to Sea World, but I came prepared to do a quick session and wasn't leaving without it being done.  It was the only thing I asked for for the entire trip.  Shaun was super understanding and he and the kids waited outside on the temple grounds while I did a quick session, they took some pictures, and had a picnic out of the back of the car.  :) 





 
Still holding out for the day that our pictures are taken after we've gone through the Temple and been sealed as a family.  :)  Can't wait!

I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to enter the doors of this beautiful temple!"

I distinctly remember how I wished so much that he could go in that beautiful temple with me that day.  And holding on to a piece of hope, that somehow, someday my dream would become a reality.  If you would've told me then, that exactly one year and 13 days later that I'd be kneeling across the altar with him, and then our children...I would've never in a million years believed it!  No dream is unattainable!

No comments:

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!