Thursday, June 25, 2009

Proud Wife

"When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Edward F. Croker"

I am a very proud wife of one of Brigham City's newest firemen! Shaun has been wanting to get on with the fire department for several years and he has just started his new journey. He is extremely excited. I don't recall the last time I saw him this excited and passionate about something. He has responded on a couple different calls so far, and tonight will be his 2nd week of drill.

He made a comment to me last week, something along the lines of "he wants to feel like he's doing his share of service and is giving something good back." I thoroughly love this man!

Of course I have worries as any wife and mother does who has her husband in this line of work. But I couldn't be more proud of him! I asked him if it'd be possible for him to get a picture of him in all his gear so I could post it on my blog and I think he thought I was crazy. I was quite serious though.

Way to go Shaun! No one is more deserving of this than you! Your kids and I are all very proud!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Are you serious?? That is awesome! I love a man in uniform...

It is nice when your husband has a job he LOVES!! Tell him to be safe! Can't wait to see the picture with all his gear on!

The Christians said...

WAY TO GO SHAUN!! Chris absolutely loves being a FireFighter, and it is neat s his wife to see the excitement when he helps someone. don't be suprised if he starts calling and asking where you are if he hears a call somewhere in the county and it sounds like it could have been you and the kids. Hope you enjoy the ride, it is a BLAST

Dave and Emily said...

That is so awesome! I would be so proud too! Yes get a picture! I love ya!

Brittni said...

What a neat accomplishment. Tell him to put on that gear & let you take a picture!!! Contrats Shaun!

Lindsay Phenes said...

I'm proud to be able to say my bro-in-law is a firefighter! I'm so excited for him - this will be an exciting opportunity for him. When you get that pic of him, I'm totally framing it! Seriously! That sucker's going on my wall.
I love seein him walking around with his radio on his hip. Every time I see it I smile inside, because I know how much just HAVING that radio means to him! Way to go, Shaun. I love you!

Folkman's said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations Shaun! Neil will be soooo jealous!

Mike and Amber said...

That is so neat! Tell him congratulations!
And your cake was so cute. Mine would never have turned out that good. You are so good to do things like that for your family.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!