Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Belated B-Day to Me

I decided for my birthday that I wanted to go to Melina's Mexican Restaurant for dinner and that anyone who wanted to share my day with me could join me there!! ;) (Really it boils down to I didn't want to have to worry about any kind of a mess on my day 'off'- assuming that such a day even exists.)

It turned out great. Melina's has become a place that my family frequents. Our dear little Hollie loves to go there with me and last year we went there for her b-day and she was so worried that they would sing 'Happy Birthday' to her and make her wear the 'sombrella'. (That's what she started out calling the sombrero and it has stayed with the whole family.) Don't you mind the fact a bit that she had NO problem with Mom wearing the sombrella. :)

The kids got along relatively well and I got lots of fun stuff! Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes and for all you do for me!

Mmmmm!!! LOVE their chips and salsa. My all-time favorite!

Mike, Chris and Hollie (She had to sit next to her Uncle Chris. She sure loves him!!)


Shaun, Kami, Lacie (niece), Jennifer (sister-in-law), Brenda & Mike (in-laws)
What I especially love about this picture is that Shaun is wearing his wedding ring. He never wears it except on special occasions and apparently my b-day made the list.



See? Hollie thinks the sombrella is great for Mom to wear!

And last but certainly not least...one of my best friends...and her other half, Mark! (Her and I share the same brain...at least that's what Shaun tells me.)

It was a fabulous birthday! Nothing beats spending a day with those you love! Now if I can just remember all year long how old I really am....

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Christians said...

Happy Belated birthday from the Christians, I hope you enjoyed your day, it sure looks like melina's was fun.

Lindsay Phenes said...

That was such a fun night. I'm glad mostly everyone was able to make it. I think we should do stuff like that more often. It certainly made for an easier, prep-free birthday for you!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!