Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday Musings

Ok, so there is nothing real note worthy to post. Just some jumbled thoughts that I've been entertaining over the weekend.

Well, first off...yesterday was a busy but productive day. We bought new front & back doors. The ones we had were so crappy. I bought this greenish color and painted the outsides of all of them and my shutters. It looks pretty good if I dare say so myself. I will try to remember to take pictures and post them. So I spent all day working on that. I was exhausted by the time it was all said and done, but a good exhausted.

I must be honest. I only watched about 15 minutes of Conference, but I do have all the sessions recorded so I will get to it. During the whole whopping 15 minutes, there were a few songs that the Primary kids were singing and both my girls stopped and sat and listened. It was so cute. And my dear little Kambri has started when it's dinner time, that she'll bow her head and fold her arms for the prayer. In fact, on a couple different occasions after we've already said the prayer, she'll keep doing it and I just tell her that we've already said the prayer. She doesn't talk much (we do have her in Speech Therapy) but it seemed to me tonight after the prayer that she said something that resembled 'Amen'! It was so stinking cute. It is the neatest thing to see/hear my kids doing things as a result of going to church. Last week when Hollie was playing at my mother-in-law's with my niece they were playing Primary. It's a struggle a lot of weeks taking the kids to church by myself, but these particular moments show me that it's worth it in the end.

On that note I am working to go through the Temple to take out my own endowments. I have chosen the Logan Temple to go through my 1st time. I can't wait! I need to finalize everything, but I am aiming for November 14th. That is exactly one year since my Grandpa Hansen died and it is also my great-grandma's birthday.

My cute lil' Grandpa Hansen! I miss him so much!

I went over to my sister Lindsay's house tonight. We had a good little visit and did our weekly coupon cutting ritual. And, I've come to a decision. I must get going on my scrapbooking, but I've decided to look more seriously into the digital scrapbooking as I have a BAZILLION and one pictures and I'm incredibly far behind. So, if any of you out there have any information on the digital end of it, I'd LOVE any help I can get to get me started.

In addition, I'm beginning to feel a little uneasy about all of this financial bailout talk and what not. (It doesn't help that I don't really understand 99% of it.) But, I'm going to start focusing on building our food storage and the like. I ran across some printouts from Relief Society that have it broken down by the month as to what specific products you work on that month, and then weekly. So, that's my goal. To jump on board and start building more of a storage and our emergency fund as well. Thanks to PYP I do have quite a bit of storage items, but let's face it, we are going to need more than just cereal, canned veggies/fruits and granola bars. (In truth I do have more than just those things...but I do need to get serious.)

What else? Oh yes. Lindsay and I went to Quilted Bear on Friday and spent a few hours in there looking for cute crafty ideas to make for Christmas gifts. I do believe we've come up with a few great potentials. We're trying to become more Martha Stewart'ish. Haha!

Ok, well that's enough for now. As I said at the beginning, some jumbled thoughts but it catches things up for the last several days none-the-less.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

It sounds like you have been busy! We have been in our house 4 years, and our back door has never been painted, it is still a light grey color! I don't know why I can't get Nick to just find the time to paint it! Are you for hire? Let me know when you for sure set a temple date and I will be there!
It was good to see you last week, even though it was super fast! We'll try to stay longer next time!

Brittni said...

Congrats on your Temple goals! It is truly an experience you'll always remember. I'll shoot you an email with some cute digital scrapping freebies.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!