Friday, March 14, 2008

Kell's Journey- Biggest Loser Contest

Ok! Well, I found a Biggest Loser Contest Blog thing that some people are doing and it inspired me to create a Biggest Loser Contest at work. Today was the official starting day and weigh-in. I'm really excited for this and having positive support around me at work...plus, Shaun signed up to do it as well. We are going to run it for 12 weeks, it actually ends on my b-day June 6th! Fancy that, huh?!

I am ready to get this weight off, I've had it and I'm miserable. As much as I'd love to win the jackpot at the end (which is somewhere around $400'ish) I ultimately want to instill some healthy habits for myself and my family. I've done Weight Watchers before and although I'm not actively attending meetings, that's basically the background behind what I'm doing. I want to be and FEEL in control of my body, that is such a powerful feeling! I plan to take pictures tomorrow, so I have my starting pictures...and then I think every 1-2 weeks along the way I'll do pictures as well...pictures don't lie!

So a quick recap for the day...for breakfast I had a bowl of cereal, for lunch a Slim Fast shake, and for dinner...pizza and breadsticks. And although the dinner part sounds terrible, because of my choices earlier on in the day, I believe I still kept to my daily points allowance. That's going to be something I'm going to work very hard on, is tracking my points! Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love the biggest loser idea! That is great motivation! Sounds like if you have such great support, how can you fail?!?! Good Luck with it! Try those 100 calorie packs, I eat those before bed, instead of icecream or something with lots of fat & calories, so if you are like me and like to snack before bed, you can!!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!