Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's official- he's a licensed driver!

It's been kind of an interesting process with how they go about the permit and license rules now as compared to when Shaun & I turned 16.  He's had his permit since July and it only allowed for a parent and immediate family to be in the car.  Then on top of that, he had to have possession of a permit for a full 6 months before he could get his actual license.
 
Here he is with his temporary license!  He's ready and rearing to drive by himself!  So the first time he took off out of the driveway to go to a friends by himself I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack.  We watched him until we could no longer see the tail lights.  I was the overprotective mom who made him check in everytime he got from one place to another so I knew he was safe.  He really appreciated that! :)  It seriously took me like a week before I could relax a little about him driving without one of us. 
 
We've basically given him the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero.  We bought a Honda Pilot a few weeks before he got his license.  He's been driving him and Hollie to school most days since then!  Now he's on the search for a job though as he sees that gas and insurance are going to cost some money! 
 


And the official license arrived in the mail...
 


 
Clear the roads Brigham City and make room for Taylor Bess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh what is this!? A post, I can't believe he is 16! Wow! How fun!

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!