Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bess Grown-Ups

It feels nice to be blogging again (we'll see how long it lasts...haha).  We'll start with updates on Shaun, as I'd rather talk about him than myself anyways! :) 

Shaun has been such a trooper over the last year with me not having a job.  He's been incredibly supportive and although he makes smart aleck remarks about it, I always know it's in teasing.  He's continued to keep busy with work and the fire department. There was a death of one of the guys on the department, so here is a picture I took of him all dressed up in his formal fire attire.  Such a good-looking man! 


This picture of Shaun holding Rylee marks a very important first for him!  He's always been good with little kids and has always loved the nieces and nephews.  But when they're first born and he sees them for the first time, he won't hold them.  It's not because he doesn't think they're all great and wonderful, but more like he becomes nervous to hold a brand new baby again and it takes him a time or two of seeing them before he comes around and is ready to hold them.  Well, this was his very first encounter with Miss Rylee and look at him, holding her like a natural (with maybe just a little prodding).  :)  

...More about Shaun to follow in an upcoming post...

Kellie- It's been a bit of a year for me and I've had quite the whirlwind of emotions to accompany it.  It has been hard for me to just enjoy the journey while I've been unemployed and still looking for work, but I can say that I have seen blessings in being home. It has come with its struggles in obvious ways such as financially and also socially...work really fulfilled that for me. However, I've enjoyed being home when the kids come home from school each day, having the mornings with Kambri before she has left for afternoon kindergarten, having the time to spend with Hollie and address the things that are troubling her as well as watching her turn into this young lady right in front of my eyes, being able to attend things of Taylor's and being home if/when he needs me (at 15 years old he needs his mom less and less), etc.  

One of many great things that has happened this year is being blessed with a new niece in September.  Rylee Michelle joined our family and we all love her so much.  I had the honor of being present when she was born and it was a bittersweet moment to realize this was the last of the grandkids on my family's side, and my last time to witness the miracle of a birth!  
I had to have surgery on my foot for a bunion and if I'd have been employed during that time it would have made things really difficult, so it was nice that I didn't have that added stress and was able to focus on my rehab and healing.  I was non weight-bearing for a little over a month and got around via my GLAMOROUS   knee scooter, a very humbling experience.  I had a lot of great help and I couldn't have done it without many visits from friends/family, help with housecleaning, outings in the car (which were NOT an easy task to take on), and lots of love!  Thankfully, other than a real ugly scar and some pain from time to time, I can put this experience behind.  :) 
This was taken at my 1 week post-op appointment.  

Lindsay and I started doing Paparazzi Jewelry as a team and it has been an absolute blast!  I'm loving it.  Everyone gets so excited over $5 jewelry and who can blame them?  It has been a success for us so far and it has created many occasions for 'business related' outings, which also double as fun girl time with my best friend!  I obviously have no idea at this point what the future holds as far as a job goes and so right now, this is working out great and I'm excited to start feeling like I'm contributing in some small way, again!
This cheesy picture was taken at a recent boutique we participated in at Maple Springs, where we stole the show with our awesome jewelry!  

Well, I think that sums things up for the Bess family on a personal level!  
What a year, what an unexpected year! :) 

5 comments:

Wendy H. said...

Keep the posts coming

Lindsay Phenes said...

Awwww I love seeing not one, but TWO pictures of my little Rylee! She's so tiny! It has been a very crazy year for your entire family, indeed. Very trying but also very rewarding. :)

Joey Tracy said...

Keep them coming!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

So fun learning more about you. Your family is beautiful.

Emily Hall said...

Nice catch up girl. We need to catch up soon.

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!