Thursday, August 6, 2009

Toothless Hollie and the Tooth Fairy


After many weeks of this wiggly little tooth...Hollie finally lost her 1st baby tooth!
And then a week or two later, she lost her 2nd tooth next to it. It was quite the dramatized event at our house when both took place. (I think it may have something to do with the fact that she's seen how antsy both my mom and I get over these things.)

And, after all the hard work of getting her 1st tooth out, (because she wouldn't let anyone mess with it except to wiggle it) she carried it carefully around that evening in a baggie as she proudly kept showing it to all of us. When we went to put it in her Tooth Fairy pillow (that Taylor so kindly passed on to her, seeing as he's all done with baby teeth) we could not find the tooth anywhere! She was rightfully upset, but thank heavens the Tooth Fairy is a wise one and still left her $5 that night.

She was still rather apprehensive about getting the 2nd tooth out, but she managed to get it out herself one night while we were playing a game as a family. She was a real trooper, and this time we made sure her tooth got into her pillow. But come morning...there were no signs that the Tooth Fairy had come to visit. I told her it must have been a very busy night for teeth pick-up's.

I must have been right, because the next night the Tooth Fairy delivered.

3 comments:

The Botts said...

WOW the tooth fairy MUST have been busy....glad she didn't forget! Smart Lady and came the next night! The tooth fairy is RICH these days...back when I lost teeth we got a quarter!

Lindsay Phenes said...

She looks so cute with those 2 teeth gone. I remember feeling so ugly when I lost my baby teeth, but now I think it's so cute on kids. Ah to be young again :) I'm proud she got the 2nd one out all on her own! She was quite proud of herself as well, if I remember correctly. Sweet little girl, that Hollie!

Anonymous said...

What! FIVE DOLLARS? Is the tooth fairy rich these days?

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!