Saturday, August 8, 2009

Swimming Success

Swimming lessons are over for the summer, thank heavens!! The kids all did really well, but by the end of this second session I am most definitely DONE!


Taylor did great in Level 4 and passed this go around. His teacher said he just needs to become more confident in himself and quit telling himself that he sucks all the time. Unfortunately, that comment is not news to us. He really struggles with self-confidence and I don't know how to better help him with that, because I think he's a pretty amazing kid!

He learned lots of different strokes and diving techniques this time and he was able to swim farther this session than the last. Success!


Hollie did very well, although she didn't pass Level 3. But we jumped her ahead a level and kind of half-expected they wouldn't pass her but wanted her in that class none-the-less. She came leaps and bounds this summer with swimming. She now goes under water with ease and also learned some diving things as well. Success!!


We originally signed Kambri up for Level 1, but she was much too shy and nervous to get in there with people she didn't know. So after day 2 we moved her to the Mom & Tot's class and she did much better. Our good friend Stephanie and her daughter Harli were in our class too, so we enjoyed the time with them as well.

But we worked on various things with her and got her comfortable again with the water (the first 2 days set her back a bit) and had some good quality time with her. She particularly likes kicking in the water and floating around like a fish. Grandma Brenda got in with her on the days I had to work and then I got in on the others. She would grab that little boat each day she got in, it was her security boat! :)
Success!!

So, although it was an added commitment I am glad we put the kids in 2 sessions this summer (with the exception of Kambri). They all did great and it's very important to me that my kids can swim and be safe in the water.

Session 2- SUCCESS!!

4 comments:

Lindsay Phenes said...

Awww! Cute little collages of my cute little kiddos! I will always call your kids my own :) I'm glad they all learned so much this summer in their lessons.

Lindsay Phenes said...

I'm so proud of their accomplishments. All three of them did so great. Next year I will definitely enroll Haddie so she can swim with her cousins.

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures! Did you get my email about how sweet Taylor was with Harli about going down the big slide? He is such a sweet boy.

Harli and I also had fun with you guys in the mom-and-tot class. Hopefully next year we'll both be able to put them in level one so we can sit by the side of the pool and soak in the sun together. :D

Brittany said...

Looks like they are doing great in the water!! I am sure the mommy and me class was fun for both of you!!!

I love the idea of going to willow park! It looks like you had tons of fun!!!

And when did the tooth fairy get rich??? $5!?!?! I used to only get $1 under my pillow!! I want that tood fairy to come to my house the next time I loose a tooth!! :)

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!