Friday, July 13, 2012

Just for today...

 Crazy-Mom-Twitter-Facebook-stalking

 So I'm starting a new series on my blog for a bit.  Here's a bit of background as to what brought me to said series.

So, Alpine Rehab, where I had been working, was bought out by our competitor and they in turn closed us down in April.  I've been off work since then and it's been quite the experience, since I've never been a stay-at-home mom.  Hats off to those who do it so successfully, it's certainly not as easy as it may look on the outside.  I've come to the conclusion that working 2-3 days a week is PERFECT for this mom.  I'm looking for a job, but I'll be honest, I was completely spoiled at Alpine with the flexibility it gave me, and I'm being picky as I'm looking.  In the meantime, things are a little wild at times all the time and I'm struggling with being consistent with disciplining and the like.  So I decided that I can do anything for one day, right?!  And so I introduce to you, "Just for today"!

I'm going to try to post a new one each day/night for the following day and report back on the previous days findings.  This is completely for my accountability purposes only, although I'm sure my craziness may be a bit entertaining.  (Remember though, this is real life stuff.)

Just for today...
*I will not allow bad behavior without consequences.  This includes mouthiness, tantrums, fighting, hitting, etc.  and the punishment will result in a little bathroom time. (Not that I welcome these things on any other day, but I really struggle with being consistent each and every time one of these things come up.)


Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

So is this for tomorrow's to-do, or was this for today's? We spent a lot of time in time-out today, along with NUMEROUS lost privileges. I'll join you for tomorrow in playing the part of 'Mean Mom' (according to Haddie...along with being Stupid Mom and Gross Mom). I've gotta stay consistent - this kid's a steamroller and gonna cause me an early death.

Kellie said...

LOL! Oh sister, what fun we are both going through right now. I get to be the stupid mom, too. My fav!! :) Don't forget that they hate me, also.

Wendy H. said...

You ARE entertaining. Reading your blog is like a good visit with you. I'm glad you posted an update!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh! I am so happy to finally see an update on your blog! Don't be afraid to be "Mean Mom", I'm sure it's in our job description somewhere!!! xoxo

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!