Sunday, February 6, 2011

Teenager in 'da house

We have officially had a teenager in our house since November- I can hardly believe it. Better late than never for some long overdue posts, eh? It feels unreal to have a kid that old.

A sad attempt at an iPod cake.


And I've forgotten how a teenagers needs are fairly simple. Music, books, video games, friends, distance from the family.


We had a fun little family party and then he had a friend sleepover/party with the 'boys' on Friday! And due to the whole 'distance from the family' thing, I regret the fact that I was unable to get pictures of them doing the teenager thing.



This is such a Taylor-type expression. He is such a joy to have in our family. In celebration of his 13th birthday, a list of 13 of the MANY things we love about Taylor.

  1. His goofy antics that make him who he is!
  2. He is such a wonderful helper to those around him.
  3. His tender heart.
  4. His hugs! I hope he is always as free with hugs as he has been.
  5. He is a great singer! Love to hear him belting out a song when he thinks no one is listening.
  6. His trust worthiness.
  7. He is incredibly smart! You forget how much you don't know until you have a smart teenager.
  8. His love for reading.
  9. He is focused & determined...relentless at times, too!
  10. He tries hard to be a great kid in a nasty world. (We'll exclude his sisters in this one.)
  11. His persuasiveness.
  12. His uniqueness.
  13. That we are lucky enough to have him in our family!!!

No comments:

Home Is Where Your Story Begins

Welcome to the happenings of the Bess Family!

I'm trying to jump back into the blogging world again! I've had a LOA for about a year but I'm back!

Be sure to let me know where I can find your blog as well, I would love to see what's going on in your life!